At Don Ruffles Limited our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is defined as:
- Conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner
- Protecting the environment
- Supporting human rights
- Supporting local communities
All members of staff are informed of the obligation to protect the environment in which we operate and are sensitive to the needs and interests of our stakeholders. This obligation is reflected in the following commitments made by all staff within Don Ruffles Limited and is fully supported by the management team. This policy is part of our induction for all staff and existing staff are reminded of our commitments on a regular basis. The policy applies to all staff whether office-based, home or hybrid working. We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Don Ruffles Limited is committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and governance practices in order to maintain excellence in daily operations, and to promote confidence in our systems. The company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Conduct all business in an open, honest and ethical manner
- Recognise the importance of protecting all of our human, financial, physical, informational, social, environmental, and reputational assets.
- Promote safety and respect
- Promote anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
- Protect our customers and suppliers information
Protecting the Environment
Don Ruffles Limited recognise the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. All staff will:
- Promote recycling of all possible materials within the business, whether home, office or remote working. This includes paper, plastics and cans placed, as standard, in clearly marked reciprocals for regular recycling.
- Maintain a power down policy of all related equipment, including building heating and all electrical appliances.
- Where possible and practical, utilise video calling as opposed to travelling large distances to meet.
- Where travel is required, use public transport or trains where practical, if this is not possible then try and travel in groups or make several appointments within the same journey to reduce the carbon and environmental impact of that journey.
- If staff or management require to attend office meetings we encourage where practical car sharing.
- Ensure environmental awareness amongst all employees and provide sufficient levels of training to allow them to meet their environmental responsibilities.
- Encourage all suppliers & manufacturers to improve their environmental performance and provide products that meet the highest environmentally friendly standards possible.
- Promote and market products from ethical manufacturers and partners that have excellent environmental characteristics and meet high efficiency demands. One typical example is the active promotion of cardboard carton shredders which allows customers to recycle their waste cardboard boxes, which helps to protect our environment and save money by not having to purchase additional plastic chips or bubble wrap, and further reduces costs of skip removal or the compacting of old cartons.
- We have a commitment to being carbon neutral business by 2025
- To improve our environmental footprint current projects that we are working towards or have enforced, include the following practices: On a practical level our websites now encourage multiple purchases to help reduce the total number of deliveries, offer substantial savings for charitable projects, and encourage the purchases by highlighting sustainable products; We always try where feasible to work with more local businesses; We have plans to install electric charging points, we have just installed solar power, LED lighting & sensor lighting at one of our new properties; We switching where feasible to greener energy suppliers; We encourage the saving of water and fund WaterAid charity projects; We work with other like-minded greener businesses, & our major suppliers and delivery companies all now use electric vehicles and electric company cars in increasing numbers.
We will ensure that:
- Our activities do not risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Employees are treated fairly and with dignity and consideration for their goals and aspirations and that diversity in the workplace is embraced.
- Equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful workplace conduct, including discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
Don Ruffles Limited is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We will ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country.
The Company has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
Don Ruffles Limited is part of a large group which has partnered with the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust to make direct donations from every ream of Our Earth copier paper and flipchart pads sold. The donations help Durrell continue their work saving species from extinction and creating a wilder, healthier, more colourful world.
Don Ruffles Limited encourage employees to volunteer within their local community and our business community at large. They can volunteer through programmes organised internally or externally. The company may sponsor volunteering events from other organisations and will give considerations to employee requests for time within working hours for volunteering.
Don Ruffles Limited are part of a National Keep It Local Campaign in 2020 which continues to pro-actively encourage all stakeholders and their partners and customers to focus on supporting local businesses and communities to minimise environmental impact, grow local economies and create local jobs.
By adopting these values Don Ruffles Limited look to not only reduce the environmental and carbon footprint of our operations but also encourage our partners and members alike to consider their environmental impact and social values.